Here are Celtic Angels Home Health Care, we are committed to keeping up to date on the COVID-19 virus and various vaccines available to you and your loved ones. Below is information from the Center for Disease Control:
There are four COVID-19 vaccines, which include primary series and boosters, recommended in the United States.
Vaccine recommendations are based on age, the first vaccine received, and time since last dose.
People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised have specific recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters.
Side effects after a COVID-19 vaccine are common, however severe allergic reactions after getting a COVID-19 vaccine are rare.
Types of COVID-19 Vaccines Available:
There are four approved or authorized vaccines in the United States.
- Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are mRNA vaccines.
- Novavax COVID-19 vaccine is a protein subunit vaccine.
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine is a viral vector vaccine and can be given in some situations.
These vaccines are given as a shot in the muscle of the upper arm or in the thigh of a young child. COVID-19 vaccine ingredients are considered safe for most people. Nearly all of the ingredients in COVID-19 vaccines are ingredients found in many foods—fats, sugar, and salts. None of the COVID-19 vaccines affect or interact with our DNA and the following are not included in the vaccines:
- No preservatives such as thimerosal or mercury or any other preservatives.
- No antibiotics such as sulfonamide or any other antibiotics.
- No medicines or therapeutics such as ivermectin or any other medications.
- No tissues such as aborted fetal cells, gelatin, or any materials from any animal.
- No food proteins such as eggs or egg products, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, nut products, or any nut byproducts. (COVID-19 vaccines are not manufactured in facilities that produce food products).
- No metals such as iron, nickel, cobalt, titanium, or rare earth alloys. They also do not have any manufactured products like microelectronics, electrodes, carbon nanotubes or other nanostructures, or nanowire semiconductors.
- No latex. The vial stoppers used to hold the vaccine also do not contain latex.
For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus. Or you can always contact us at 781-331-0062.